Looking for the perfect opportunity to dive a little deeper into your chaturanga techniques? This workshop is all about demystifying Chaturanga Dandasana, as well as the typical postures around this pose.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The appropriate alignment for moving through a vinyasa flow: Chaturanga Dandasana, Cobra, Upward & Downward Facing Down, Plank
- Strengthening techniques to help build awareness & progress in these postures
- Beginner, intermediate, and advanced transitions: such as jumpbacks and one-legged chaturanga
- How to access the use of breath and expansion in your lungs to flow through these poses with more ease and less muscular tension in the body
- How to safely access these postures without creating strain in wrists, shoulders, or low back
- Modifications to best fit your practice
PRACTICE YOUR CHATURANGA
In most Vinyasa classes, students flow through Chaturanga Dandasana multiple times. Despite how prevalent it is, this transition is not a simple one, and often not broken down in a class setting. Repeating these movements without the proper awareness, can not only lead to stress on joints and potential injuries, but also prevent the benefits of the postures to be experienced.
GOOD TO KNOW:
This workshop is appropriate for all levels. Beginners will learn to build a strong foundation, so that they can move with confidence and clarity. Advanced students will be able to create more awareness and refinement, while exploring multiple access points and transitions. Everyone will leave their mat with a deeper awareness and understanding of their breath, body, and practice!
14.00 – 16.30
Teacher: Shannon HandaBook Your Spot »